What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. They are tools that play an essential role in providing many information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their device and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
What is not a cookie?
A cookie is not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, or spam, or spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
Based on the body that manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, there are two types of cookies: first-party and third-party.
- First-party cookies: are those sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the publisher of the website through which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: are those sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain not managed by the publisher of the website, but instead by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. If the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered first-party cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the time they remain stored on the customer’s browser, distinguishing between session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user browses a website. These are normally used to store information which is only kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of bought products).
- Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the computer and can be accessed and processed for a time period defined by the cookie’s owner, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookie depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed: technical cookies, personalisation cookies, analytics cookies, advertising cookies and behavioural advertising cookies.
- Technical cookies: these enable the user to browse the website, platform or application and use the different options or services it provides, such as controlling traffic and data communication, session identification, accessing restricted sections, saving elements that make up an order, completing the order process, processing registration or event participation requests, using security elements while browsing, storing content in order to broadcast videos or audio, or sharing content on social media platforms.
- Personalisation cookies: let the user access the service with some general features predefined in terms of a series of criteria on their terminal, such as language, browser used to access the service, regional settings for the location they are accessing the service from, etc.
- Analytical cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity on the websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles for the users of such websites, applications and platforms, for the purpose of making improvements based on analysis of the data on the use that users make of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the most efficient management possible of advertising spaces, etc.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store the behavioural data of users, obtained by continually observing their browsing habits, to enable the development of a specific profile so that advertising can be displayed accordingly.
Cookies used by Okodia Translation Services
The cookies used on this site are listed below, along with their type and function:
The www.okodia.co.uk website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google that allows the measurement and analysis of browsing on website. On your browser you can see 4 cookies providing this service. According to the above types, these are own cookies, session cookies and analytics cookies. You can find more information about this and disable the use of these cookies on
Through web analytics, strictly statistical information is obtained regarding the number of users who access the website, the number of page views, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator that provides the service, the language, the computer used and the city to which their IP address is assigned. This information enables Okodia Translation Services to provide a better and more appropriate service.
In no case is information obtained about the user’s personal data, guaranteeing the protection of the privacy of the people who browse the website.
Another cookie that is downloaded is a technical cookie called ASP.NET_SessionId. This cookie stores a unique identifier per session through which it is possible to link necessary data in order to enable the ongoing browsing.
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
This information having been provided, it is possible to perform the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page on the portal during this session.
- Close. The notification is hidden on this page.
- Modify the settings. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, learn more about the Cookies Policy of Okodia Translation Services and modify your browser settings. This will not prevent the notice about cookies from being displayed when accessing the new pages of Okodia Translation Services.
What happens if I disable the cookies?
To understand the impact of disabling cookies, here are a few examples:
- You will not be able to share content from our website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- Okodia Translation Services will not be able to adapt the content to your personal preferences.
- You won’t be able to access the personal area of Iuratum’s website, such as My account, My profile, or My orders.
- Iuratum online store: it will not be possible to make purchases online, they will have to be made over the phone or by e-mail.
- It will not be possible to customise your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- Okodia Translation Services will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the website, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You will not be able to write comments on the blog, value or rate content. Okodia Translation Services will also not be able to know whether you are a human or a robot that publishes spam.
How to modify, disable and eliminate the cookies settings
You can restrict, block or delete the cookies of www.okodia.co.uk or any other website through your browser. The setting is different on each browser, the “Help” function will show you how to do it. However, we are providing the following direct links with information about this. Given this information, it is possible to perform the following actions:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=%E2%80%9Die-10%E2%80%B3
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/ae/cookies/
You can also manage the storage of cookies on your browser using tools such as: